A solar panel system (or solar system) can be one of the best ways for you to improve energy savings, reduce your environmental impact, and contribute to energy independence.
While solar panel systems are quickly becoming a must-have for several property owners in Arizona, these can also be quite complicated to maintain.
Solar panels are typically made to last a long time, but if your solar energy system ever stops working, there are some solutions you can consider today.
If you’re wondering what the average solar panel repair cost is, you will find the answer here.
Advantages of Installing Solar Panels
As mentioned before, solar energy is quickly becoming the norm in several areas of the world.
Currently, it’s impossible to harness all of the sun’s energy, but by using solar equipment, we’re now able to get a fraction of it, which is enough to start making a difference on the planet.
Here’s a list of the most common benefits you can experience as a solar panel owner in Arizona:
- Low maintenance costs
- Lower energy bills
- Reduced environmental impact
- Wide range of applications
- Bigger support for technological developments
[Read: Pros & Cons of a Solar Air Conditioner for Home Use]
Do Solar Panels Have Low Maintenance Costs?
Yes! If the system was installed correctly, you won’t have to worry too much about getting a higher price for repairs, unless rare events (such as hail storms) compromise individual panels.
Disadvantages of Owning a Solar Panel System
As solar panels are excellent investments, they also have some cons that you may want to be aware of. While these reasons aren’t necessarily enough to remove solar panels entirely, they may get you to spend more time deciding if you truly want one.
Some disadvantages include:
- Getting solar panels installed is expensive.
- Solar energy storage is expensive.
- Most solar system panels are weather-dependent.
- Solar power panels tend to take up too much space.
Average Cost to Repair Solar Panels in Arizona
Now, let’s get to the interesting part. Whether you already have a solar provider or not, you must know how much solar panel repairs are today.
First, it’s important to note that the solar panel repair cost will ultimately depend on the company providing the service, the parts that need replacing or fixing, and other factors. If you’re going to replace cracked solar panels, for example, you may have to pay a bit more than if you were simply going to replace the solar inverter.
Consider the following factors when determining the average solar panel repair cost:
- Broken Glass: These repairs are considered minor and don’t require you to replace solar panels entirely in some cases. You may pay around $20 for small parts of broken glass. On the other hand, if you have to replace the entire glass, you may have to pay around $340 or more.
- Loose Connections: In case of a loose connection, you may have to pay approximately $100 per hour, although this may vary depending on the professional.
- Solar Inverter Replacement: The inverter is one of the most expensive parts for replacement in a solar panel repair. Typically, you can pay up to $250 for micro inverters and up to $2,500 for string inverters. This doesn’t count the labor cost.
- Cracked Solar Panels: In this case, you may pay up to $100 per hour to repair solar panels, unless the worker has to replace the entire panel; there, you may have to pay up to $400.
If you want to be 100% sure of the cost to repair your solar panel, don’t hesitate to get a solar panel inspection from a professional. You may also check if you have a solar panel warranty and what things it covers.
Can a Broken Solar Panel Be Fixed?
Overall, it depends on how broken it is. If the damage is too severe, then it may not be possible to reattach parts. In these cases, you may have to replace the entire panel.
How Much Does It Cost to Fix a Broken Solar Panel?
It depends on the problem. You can expect to pay a few hundred dollars in minor repairs and up to $2,500 in more severe cases.
Average Cost to Replace a Solar Panel System
If regular solar panel maintenance isn’t enough, you may have to replace your entire system. The price for installing new panels will depend on your property’s location, size, and system type.
You can expect to pay from $12,900 up to $15,180 for a complete installation. If you’re going for high-end machines that deliver as much power as possible at their peak performance, you may expect to pay up to $48,000.
Common Signs That You Need to Repair Your Solar Panel
Some of the most common signs that may warrant a solar panel repair include the following:
- The panels have cracks or hot spots.
- You have loose wiring.
- There is inner module damage.
- There is module damage caused by external factors.
- The machine has PID (potential induced degradation).
- You need to replace old parts.
Repairing solar panels isn’t the only solution to ensuring optimal performance. Sometimes, a solar panel cleaning service will take care of most problems. However, if a solar panel repair doesn’t fix the problem, you may have to look at a replacement service.
[Related: Solar Panels: Should You Buy, Repair, or Hire a Professional?]
How Often Do Solar Panels Need to Be Repaired?
You need to repair your panels as soon as various components show signs of extensive damage. Otherwise, the system may lose efficiency. On the other hand, you should perform an inspection and maintenance at least once a year.
Common Signs That You Need to Replace Your Solar Panel
If you’re experiencing any of the following problems, then a solar panel repair service may not be enough for you:
- The solar panel is too old.
- You have inverter issues.
- The panel has irregular power output.
- There are too many wiring problems, which can cause problems with the power capacity.
- The entire panel is broken
- The machine has discoloration or burnt marks.
- The machine shuts down unexpectedly.
With proper maintenance, a solar panel could last up to 25 years, which is why a solar investment is considered appropriate for many property owners in Arizona.
Get Started With Your Solar Panel Today!
An average solar panel repair service will not cost as much money as you may think. If you take care of the machine, you will ensure better energy usage and lower replacement costs.
If you want to request more information about average repair costs, don’t hesitate to get a free estimate from your trusted solar repair contractors in Arizona!
Our Work As Electricians
Assurance Electrical Services offers a quick diagnosis, peace of mind, promptness, and expertise that you can trust at any moment. Our goal is to provide commercial businesses and residential homeowners in Yavapai, Arizona, with the right solutions in the electrical area.
The team takes all the safety precautions necessary to work for every single panel, whether they’re major repairs or minor repairs. If you want to ensure peak performance in your solar electrical systems, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Jeff Brandlin is the founder of Assurance Electrical Services, LLC. He started in the electrical industry when he was 21 and had worked in several electrical firms before founding Assurance Electrical. Jeff is dedicated to providing the best quality service to his clients and always puts their needs first. Outside work, Jeff enjoys spending time with his wife and children.